1. ABOUT THIS POLICY
- FreddyMatch is a charitable organisation that helps match organisations and volunteers based on their unique interests, skill sets, location and availability using an in-house algorithm. FreddyMatch supports organisations to find more volunteers by reducing the time and money cost of finding and managing volunteers, particularly focused on helping the 38,000 smaller charities in Australia.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and understand the importance of protecting your personal information. This Policy outlines the types of personal information that we usually collect, the purposes for which we collect and use it, to whom we disclose it, how we hold and keep it secure and your rights in relation to your personal information, including how to complain and how we deal with complaints.
- In this Policy, personal information means any information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not. It does not include information that is de-identified.
- This Policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees.
- We may change this Policy from time to time, by posting any changes on our website or notice board. All changes will take effect immediately after being posted on our website or notice board.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- The types of personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us, and may include:
- name, address, email address and phone number;
- the name of the organisation you work for and your professional title;
- any information you provide about your personal or business affairs;
- any financial or credit card information;
- your interests and preferences; and
- any other information you provide while interacting with us.
- If you are applying for a job with us, we may also collect your:
- employment history and qualifications;
- academic records;
- medical information;
- personal alternative contact details;
- superannuation fund details; and
- criminal history record.
- If you are a volunteer with us, we may also collect your:
- languages spoken;
- whether you are from a non-English speaking background;
- whether you have a disability;
- Centrelink benefits information;
- whether you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander;
- blue card;
- driver license; or
- visa status.
3. DEALING WITH US ANONYMOUSLY OR USING A PSEUDONYM
- Where possible and lawful, you may interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. For example, if you contact us with a general question we will not record your name unless we need it to adequately handle your question.
- However, for many of our functions and activities we usually need your name, contact information and other details to enable us to provide our services or products to you.
4. WAYS WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may collect personal information from or about you in different ways, including:
- from you directly when you interact with us, eg from our discussions with you, when you complete a form, your emails and your interaction with our website;
- through third parties with whom we interact in order to provide our services;
- through feedback you provide;
- through any responses you provide to surveys and/or promotions; and
- through communications with our customer support team.
- If you apply for a job or contract position with us, we may also collect personal information about you from third parties and publicly available sources, including:
- government departments to verify your entitlement to work in Australia;
- police agencies to obtain your criminal history record;
- academic institutions;
- consulting medical practitioner;
- superannuation fund provider;
- your current or previous employers; or
- your referees.
5. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION VIA OUR WEBSITE
- When you visit our website, we may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
- Whilst we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, search engine referrals and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
- Our web pages may contain electronic images, known as web beacons. These electronic images enable us to count users who have visited certain pages on our website. Web beacons are not used by us to access your personal information, they are simply a tool we use to analyse which web pages are viewed, in an aggregate number.
6. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services
- to manage and conduct our business;
- to offer or promote our products and services;
- to obtain feedback;
- to better understand your needs;
- to help us manage, develop and enhance our products and services, including our websites and applications;
- to consider your suitability for employment; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes and enforce our agreements and rights with third parties.
7. DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In the course of providing our products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information with the following:
- third parties in order to provide our services, for example officers, insurers, agents, suppliers or sub-contractors;
- organisations we contract to provide services on our behalf such as software suppliers and mail houses;
- anyone to whom part of all of our assets or businesses are transferred or sold;
- our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors; and
- government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or other similar entities.
- We do not currently disclose your personal information overseas.
- Your personal information may also be disclosed between the FreddyMatch entities (i.e the Trustee for Freddy Bear Foundation and FreddyMatch IP Pty Ltd which operates the FreddyMatch website).
8. DIRECT MARKETING
- We may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in or to contact you about available volunteer work, events and or promotions. We may, with your consent where required, use the personal information we have collected about you to contact you from time to time whether by phone, email, SMS or mail to tell you about new volunteer placements, products or services and special offers that we believe may be of interest to you.
- You can withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by unsubscribing from the mailing list by clicking the link in the marketing communication or by contacting us using the details at the end of this Policy.
- We store your personal information in hard copy and electronically. Electronic information is stored by a third party storage provider.
10. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- You may request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting email@example.com. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request. If we decide to refuse your request, in most circumstances we will tell you why in writing.
- You can make a complaint in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 120 Tallai Road, Tallai, Queensland 4213. We will respond to you within a reasonable period of time to acknowledge your complaint and inform you of the next steps we will take in dealing with your complaint.
12. CONTACT US
- If you have a question or comment regarding this Policy or wish to request to access or correct your personal information or make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Dated: 3 August 2022